Wednesday, August 24, 2011

T&A

This last week has been full of T&A, you know, tables and animals.  With Laura down at the Cape for most of the month, I have been left at home to tackle some projects.  One big thing was to clear up the clutter in our basement.  We never really moved out of "move in" mode, where anything we didn't know what to do with or where to put it, just got moved down to the basement.  Each item went one after another down the steps to keep it secret, keep it safe.

After picking up two solid core doors from the fam in the Ham, and a little bit of lumber, it was as easy as 1, 2, 3.... ugh.

Okay, so it wasn't as easy as I thought it should have been.  I felt like I was knitting.  I would be completely done with the table, then decide I wanted it to be a little bit different, take the whole thing apart, start again, and only ending up wanting to make changes when completed once again.


I must have rebuilt this at least four times.  Different height, different width, making it connect with the sink, blurg.  I still want to paint the frame and put a shelf underneath, but by and large it is complete.  I told Laura that this was a present for her, but evidently just because it is Laura's laundry table doesn't mean that only she can do laundry.

This evening after work I threw together a work bench really quick.  No bells and whistles yet, but give me another week or two.

I'm manish!
The two small, green, rectangular boxes had been how we were storing all of our tools before this.

My time alone in the house is largely very quiet.  Which means tiny little nails on the other side of the ceiling are easily noticed.  Here is the first friend I found:


What a cutie!  He (or she) just wanted a little bit of granola bar, can't blame them for that!  I released him/her at work (Outside obviously.  Wait... I am the person who has secretly dried elephant poop indoors before.  So, maybe I do need to state that I didn't release the mouse indoors).  The next day I found another friend (see previous picture).

After a long week at work, I finally get to see Laura again at the Cape.  Here is proof that we were by the ocean:


And here is our half dog/half wicker furniture cyborg:


Hope everyone is having a great summer and kicking the butt of your to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment